New version available
Today we released Fast video cataloger 6.18 and you can download it from here. You might have noticed that there has been a bunch of releases since the major 6.1 we released back in August. We have basically released one update every week. The reason is that we decided to have a period of focus on quick bug fixing and hold off from major new features. We already have lots of features in the program. We do need to do a better job of explaining the features to users. Since our current focus is on fixing isues there is much less testing needed before releasing a new version. We can, therefore, have quicker turnarounds.
If there are things you would like to see fixed or that you think we should explain better please contact us.
On the area of explaining better we have posted a bunch of recent blog posts about how you can use the program. If you have not seen them already do have a look.
Some of the improvements we have done the last month or so are:
- Improvements to the scripting API as well as updated documentation and more samples. And, we have added a bunch of new articles about scripting on the web page. If there is something you are missing in the API to do what you want to do, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Lots of Bug fixes. Whenever the program crash you get the option to upload a crash dump to us. We have been looking close at the issues reported and fixed a bunch of problems. If you get the dialog please take the time to upload it and write a sentence about what you did when the crash happened.
- Improved indexing. We fixed issues with some older video formats and we have fixed issues with timeouts during indexing.
- Fixed various issues with the integrated “file organizer”. The preferred way to move files in Fast video cataloger is to drag from the “video catalog” to the target folder in the file organizer.
- Fixed issues with archiving when it could just fail in some cases
- Fixed issues with multiselection.
We will keep working on minor improvements for a while so do check back from time to time to get the latest version of the software.