If you are using FastVideoCataloger and Davinci Resolve you can easily bring the videos into DaVinci resolve for editing just by drag and drop.
Working like this keeps the Resolve project less cluttered
1., Start Fast video cataloger with your video catalog.
2. choose a layout with the video catalog and the search window
3. Search for a video you want to have in your resolve project.
4. We get a list of videos.
5. Click on the video to get a good overview.
6. Have your resolve project open in another window, perhaps on another display.
7. Drag the video from Fast video cataloger to Davinci resolve.
You now have the video in the project and can drag it onto the timeline and edit as usual.